Marketing Intern – Fall 2018 (Paid)
Time Commitment – 10 to 20 hours/week
Who are you?
- You’re passionate about taking the leap into the startup world.
- Blog Posts, How-Tos, Interviews, Articles, Industry Trends, Infographics, and creating a Social Media Buzz excite you.
- You dream up content marketing ideas while brushing your teeth.
- You love building new relationships and following up is a piece of cake.
- You know how to connect the dots between what people want and what we have to offer.
- There’s nothing that you can’t organize.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Marketing, Communications, or Digital Media Management
- Seeking Internship credit
- Must be based in Austin, TX
You’re technically savvy, learn quickly, and love to figure things out.
Who are we?
Shep is a new open-booking platform that’s a win for employers and employees. Shep’s data-driven travel solution helps employees stay within policy while booking business trips as easily as they’d book a vacation. And it helps businesses slash costs and track and analyze spending.
What will you do?
Use the force of course. You’ll monitor and manage social media, grow web presence, and find the next medium to jump into. You will work closely with the Marketing and Sales team to map out content market strategies to grow as we grow. You’ll swim in the latest infographics, organize and manage posting content, befriend potential clients, and regularly find new ways to excel at what you do. This role incorporates online tools and in-person networking to create relationships and ultimately build the company’s brand, both online and off. You’ll be jumping in to foster active and engaged communities by executing social media initiatives, monitoring online conversations and participating in those conversations to build brand visibility and thought leadership.
- Drive community adoption
- Strategize and implement social media and communication campaigns that align with marketing strategies
- Provide engaging text, image and video content for social media accounts
- Respond to comments and queries in a timely manner
- Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews
- Update Shep blog and optimize for SEO
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness including our monthly Austin Travel Tech Meetup
- Review all initiatives to ensure brand consistency
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, industry professionals and journalists
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology and travel tech trends
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, writing samples are a plus
- Well versed in SEO and content marketing
- Hands on experience or extensive knowledge on social media management for brands
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Generate monthly progress reports from your findings in those metrics
- Be quick to google and understand industry acronyms. You’ll be writing for CFOs, PEO, HR and Procurement departments
- Fast learner on new topics with a sense of urgency for delivery
- Organized and able to meet and exceed deadlines
- Comfortable using productivity tools for visibility and team communication
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a startup environment
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
What will you get?
- Flexible(ish) work hours that will accommodate your school schedule
- A “Work Anywhere” schedule with weekly team meetings at our co-working space
- A talented team who appreciates your hard work
- Hands-on experience in the fast-paced world of the Austin startup ecosystem with great opportunities for networking
You’ll be the mastermind behind growing and engaging Shep’s audience! We can’t do it without you.
Shep is dedicated to building a diverse and happy workforce.