We collect or may collect several types of information from and about users of the Shep Platform, the Site, the Browser Extension and the other Shep Travel Services, including:
● Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, birthdate, job function, work telephone number and e-mail address (“personal data”);
● Slack organization details and team identification;
● Your IP Address, including when you create an account;
● Travel booking data on or through the Shep Platform, including the total amount spent on travel, destinations and passenger information;
● Travel search and navigation history on or through the Shep Platform, including all visited URLs;
● Billing information, including the address for billing and billing contact information;
● Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the date and time of visit;
● Usage details and information, including how you communicate with other users of the Site, the Browser Extension, the Shep Platform and the other Shep Travel Services, such as the time, date, sender and your interactions with messages (such as when you open a message);
● The device, internet and mobile information such as the hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number);
● Information that you provide by registering, creating accounts or filling in forms or applications on or through the Shep Platform and the other Shep Travel Services, including information provided in connection with registering to access and use the Shep Platform;
● When you report a problem with any of the Shep Travel Services;
● Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us; and/or
● Details of transactions you carry out through the Shep Platform, the Site, the Browser Extension and any of the other Shep Travel Services.
We collect this information:
● Directly from you when you provide it to us.
● Automatically as you navigate through or use the Shep Platform, the Site, the Browser Extension or any of the other Shep Travel Services.
● From third parties, such as our customers, business partners and other third parties that provide us or you with certain services, including our travel partners. Certain transactions may also involve you calling us or our calling you. Please be aware that we may monitor, and in some cases, record such calls for staff training or quality assurance purposes.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal data:
● To provide the Browser Extension.
● To provide you the Shep Platform and the other Shep Travel Services and the content and the other products and services that you request from us.
● To provide the Site and the content that is on it to you.
● To process and complete transactions, including registration for the use of the Shep Platform and the other Shep Travel Services and send you related information, including the dashboard that provides travel information.
● To provide technical and other support to you.
● To send you promotional communications, such as providing you with information about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, and events; and providing other news or information about us, our customers and our travel partners.
● To enable Service Providers to perform certain responsibilities and provide certain services in connection with the Shep Travel Services and our business and operations.
● To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
● To provide you with notices about your account.
● To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
● To notify you about changes to the Shep Platform, the Site, the Browser Extension and the other Shep Travel Services.
● To enhance the safety and security of all of the Shep Travel Services.
● To verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
● To enable marketing, remarketing and targeted advertising and similar services from us or Service Providers, including direct and indirect marketing and online behavioral advertising regarding our own and third-party products and services that we believe may be of interest to you, including advertisement on third party websites.
● To perform targeted and other advertising on third party websites.
● In any other way, we may describe when you provide the information.
● To provide guidance on travel spending
● To advise/consult on best practices and improvements that could be made by your company to save money or improve policy compliance
● For any other purpose with your consent.
Some of the information that we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal data, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties or you provide to us. It helps us to improve the Site, the Browser Extension, the Shep Platform and the other Shep Travel Services, and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including enabling us to:
● Estimate our audience size and better understand usage patterns.
● Store information about your preferences, enabling us to customize the Site according to your individual interests.
● Speed up your searches.
● Recognize you when you return to the Site and the Browser Extension.
● Negotiate on behalf of our customers for better/discounted rates with our travel partners.
Shep does not collect:
- Traveler info (name, DOB, Document number, phone number, etc)
- ANY INFORMATION surrounding payment
- The address of your room share (Airbnb/HomeAway)
- Flight Number
- Flight Brand (if booked on an OTA or meta search site)
- The email that you enter on the checkout page (if different than your Shep user email)
- Sales tax amount (as a distinct component of a transaction total)
- Ancillary add-ons (Checked bags, add-ons, priority boarding, wifi, meals, legroom etc.)
Does Shep Collect traveler payment data?
The Shep team cannot save or even see your payment data.