With a high-level understanding of how you might want to capture and utilize your unused tickets, here is a list of steps for you to take to maximize your unused credit utilization:
- Talk to your TMC about their capabilities.
- Contact suppliers to see how they can help.
- Negotiate for extended expiration dates.
- Negotiate for name change capabilities.
- Activate unused credit capabilities in your OBT.
- Encourage your employees to contact your TMC to see if there are unused credits available.
- Educate employees about ROI of using existing credits vs. making new bookings.
- Ensure credits and UATP cards go to the organization and not to individuals.
While it may seem daunting trying to manage your company’s unused tickets but even this far along in the pandemic, it’s not too late! As unused tickets have already been purchased and accounted for in your 2020 budget, current and future travel can essentially be ‘free.’ By working with your company, your TMC, your suppliers, and your business travelers, you can utilize your unused tickets and help get your company returning to travel sooner and safer.